SOMDOR ENGINEERING LIMITED PRIVACY NOTICE
Somdor Engineering Limited takes privacy very seriously. This notice explains how we use the personal information you provide to us in your trading account for or otherwise and that we obtain through third party sources, including how we share it with third parties.
How we use your personal information We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
1. to administer and manage our relationship with you, including to set up and maintain your trading account facility;
2. to process orders from you for goods and services;
3. to deal with any enquiries we receive from you;
4. for the purposes of any corrective action (including a product recall) which may be required in respect of any of the products and services we supply to you;
5. to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules;
6. to provide you with details of our services;
7. to notify you of changes to what we do;
8. to make checks of credit reference agencies if necessary from time to time (eg when you complete your trading application form, or it you want to amend your credit limit);
9. for the purposes of recovery of a debt in the case of non-payment.
In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as business partners (eg subcontractors, wholesalers, credit reference agencies and tracing agents), fraud sharing organisations, in each case within the European Economic Area and the UK.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
If necessary for debt recovery purposes, we may also obtain additional information about you beyond that provided in your trading application form from credit reference and tracing agents.
Our legal basis for these uses of your personal information may include that (1) it is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and/or providing you with goods and services; and/or (2) it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Keeping in touch with you
From time to time we would also like to keep in touch with you, to provide details of our new services or promotional offers. If you do not want to be contacted in this way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We work hard to keep your data safe. We use an appropriate combination of technical and organisational measures to ensure, as far as reasonably possible, the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information at all times. If you have a security related concern, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have various rights under data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:
You can make a request to us in relation to these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Any information to which you are entitled to be provided within one month from the initial request being received and verifying your identity, subject to the exemptions stipulated in applicable data protection laws.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary, taking into account information needed for product guarantee or recall purposes, applicable legal requirements and limitation periods.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, you can contact us at any time via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Data Protection Officer, Somdor Engineering Limited, Gibbs Marsh Trading Estate, Stalbridge, Dorset, DT10 2RY.
Call us on 01963 362210 or email us
Somdor is a member of the Federation of Small Businesses